Heavy Equipment / Highway Truck Mechanic Job Overview – Oregon Mechanic / Shop Jobs
Our skilled Heavy Equipment / Highway Truck Mechanic position involves diagnosing and repairing John Deere, Cat, Kenworth and Ford equipment.
- Analyze and Diagnose (troubleshoot) equipment malfunctions or failures
- Pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of above equipment
- Repair, replace or rebuild engines, transmissions, carburetors, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components including pump motors, valves and all related components, electrical systems and air systems
- Paint, weld and fabricate (may be required)
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks (up to 1 1/2”)
- Perform small hand tool maintenance
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of equipment and product technology
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, timely, accurate and efficient manner observing all safety laws, policies and rules
- Other duties may be assigned by the department supervisor, department manager or the General Manager
Our Heavy Equipment / Highway Truck Mechanics and other mechanic/shop professionals provide innovative and quality products and services to the central Oregon communities and surrounding areas of Bend, Redmond, Madras, La Pine and Prineville.